Rate this topic

Perhaps you believe that your smoking habit is just YOUR problem.

But did you ever stop to think about why non-smokers are so outspoken about smoking in public?

The second-hand smoke issue is highly charged and it is still hotly debated.

What's your opinion on this?

ug! I have never smoked. Period...

And I'm finally divorcing an idiot who smoked like a chimney around me and the children.

Add to that, the fact my youngest daughter has Apnea, (she stops breathing in her sleep) - which has eased off sincce her waster father walked out .... Woops did I say that out loud??? :rofl:

thinking about smoking and its effects...

What was smoking "made" for anyway? and, am I asking the right question?

I smoke cigars.

It makes me look like the stinking exhaust pipe of a badly maintained truck! :shok:

But I don't smoke indoors and I don't smoke my cigars in front of other people...

probably the one who thought of the idea of smoking was too "Heavenly" and at the same time stupid- he found out how to make himself feel like "on the clouds" but did not think of how much he'll stink.

'Time to renew the debate!

Yo!

I must admit.. I'm a smoker and I HATE it, although I admit, when I'm stressed or bored smoking seems to help a fair bit, but I have to agree with others...IT STINKS! It makes my hands smell and my apartment smell like an ashtray.

I will say, to be fair to those of us who do seem to need to smoke, smokin' in public is a good thing, I'm happy that smokers can no longer smoke in pubs [bars] and the like, but only do it outside, 'tis a good thing I think. But if you have a habbit or addiction or whatever... outside is better than in or around people.

Been trying to kick it for a while now... but I find after I drink or if I'm around people I get cravings! Does anyone else get like this?

I'll be honest and say, as before I hate it... but it's such a hard thing to kick. I used to get really angry at my father for smoking then he stopped... then here I am smoking! AGH! Madness!

SMB, you said you smoke Cigars, always fancied one of those, what are they like?

Cigars are the way to go!!

I make my own from leaves grown locally in the Philippines. I buy the leaves in bundles and that way, they work-out at about 15 pence for a leaf! They make damn fine cigars too! I have been told by more than one shipmate that they smell quite nice - although I don't think that anyone would want to smoke them indoors...

Cigars are the way to go!!

I make my own from leaves grown locally in the Philippines. I buy the leaves in bundles and that way, they work-out at about 15 pence for a leaf! They make damn fine cigars too! I have been told by more than one shipmate that they smell quite nice - although I don't think that anyone would want to smoke them indoors...

Thats pretty awesome! So seemingly cheap to! Man, I'd love to give a Cigar a try at one point, but they are so damn expensive over here. :(