smb

Dog Food?

Rate this topic

Okay. for one, eating duck embryos is no different than eating dogs smart one. And in many places these dogs are bred specifically for consumption. so stop feeling bad for the dog, as the deed has already been done.As Chai has said, humans have chosan cats and dogs as pets rather than food. But if our ancestors had chosen cows and pigs as pets and worshipped them, don't you think we'd be eating cats and dogs?

On 8/4/2010 at 1:18 AM, Jonah the Airbender said:

Okay. for one, eating duck embryos is no different than eating dogs smart one. And in many places these dogs are bred specifically for consumption. so stop feeling bad for the dog, as the deed has already been done. As Chai has said, humans have chosen cats and dogs as pets rather than food. But if our ancestors had chosen cows and pigs as pets and worshiped them, don't you think we'd be eating cats and dogs?

Thank you for your contribution to this topic. Everyone is, of course, entitled to their own opinion.

Here's a bit more of my own not so humble opinion - and a considered answer to what you have written above...

Well, I've heard that pigs make very good pets, if they are looked after properly.

But dogs and man have lived together since ancient times. Thousands of years ago, dogs were more valuable to man during hunting expeditions and in guarding the caves and settlements. Dogs would not have been kept tied-up, in general - and so the only way to keep them around was to keep them fed. Dogs are intelligent animals and they have other traits like the "pack instinct," that make them ideal as faithful working animals and good companions to man. So it is hardly surprising that over the millennia, people started to keep dogs as pets.

The question of whether; if our ancestors had chosen cows and pigs as pets and worshiped them, we'd be eating cats and dogs - is rather a moot one...

Because if we had chosen to keep cows and pigs as pets, we would most likely have starved to death. And even if we didn't - keeping cows as pets would not devalue our dogs as hunters and guards in the very least.

And we should not be eating an animal that has served us faithfully for thousands of years. It's not polite.

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

To be fair, a dog is just another animal... no matter how you look at it, domesticated or not. 'Tis till an animal aye? So.. if given the chance, in all honesty U.K man or not, I'd eat dog. Fuck it, I'd try anything once. I'll be honest, I myself am a Cat person, I LOVE cats... so I could never eat one, and I can understand how others would be about dogs. And obviously by the image SMB posted, that dogs expression says it all. If It was killed in an humane way then sure, but to be beaten then stabbed? Bullshit, no chance.

Now I enjoy all mean, and as I said would try anything once but I suppose there is some lines people would cross, and some would not.

Poor dog.

"The more things change... The more they stay the same..."

blarf1.jpg.36fb8bc47d792c0d6ea16aea5d2f0ebf.jpg

On 9/4/2010 at 1:26 AM, FunkyBoy said:

To be fair, a dog is just another animal... no matter how you look at it, domesticated or not. 'Tis till an animal aye? So.. if given the chance, in all honesty U.K man or not, I'd eat dog. Fuck it, I'd try anything once. I'll be honest, I myself am a Cat person, I LOVE cats... so I could never eat one, and I can understand how others would be about dogs. And obviously by the image SMB posted, that dogs expression says it all. If It was killed in an humane way then sure, but to be beaten then stabbed? Bullshit, no chance.

Now I enjoy all mean, and as I said would try anything once but I suppose there is some lines people would cross, and some would not.

Poor dog.

Wow!! 'Nearly 10 years now; you've been contributing to artfreaks.com!

Thanks for all your patience with the ups and downs along the way. I admire your stamina!! :)

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Holy shit 10 years... WOW!

"The more things change... The more they stay the same..."

blarf1.jpg.36fb8bc47d792c0d6ea16aea5d2f0ebf.jpg

Yep! 'Just what I was thinking...!! :shok:

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)