How the Heck Do I Sell My Paintings?

Rate this topic

nicbrun77

I have been painting for about ten years in oil and at one time was a member of the Galena Artist's Guild. At that time, I had no problem setting up exhibits free of charge to me, with all of our monthly events. Now, with my work schedule over the past few years, I cannot fit the club into my schedule. How on Earth do I go about selling my paintings without having to pay too much, if any money (to get my work posted for example)? Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Nicole Brunskill

• Root Admin
Nicole Brunskill said:
How on Earth do I go about selling my paintings without having to pay too much, if any money (to get my work posted for example)? Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Nicole Brunskill

Hello! Welcome to artfreaks.com!

First of all, for private sales, you could set up one or more albums here at artfreaks.com and upload images of all your artworks that are for sale. Use the image description field to list your prices and whatever contact info you may wish to advertise.

If you need any help with setting-up your albums or uploading images, just drop me a line and I will be more than willing to give you some guidance. (Click on "smb" to get my profile page and then click on "Send Message" to send me a "PM")

artfreaks.com does not involve itself in any deals you may make with a private buyer. These are entirely up to you. The only thing I would advise, though, is that you at least get a substantial down payment from the buyer before dispatching any of your work!

Now, if you would prefer to let someone else take care of billing, payments and shipping, you might like to give ArtWanted.com a try...

You can get a free account with them, just to try things out - but you would need to sign-up for a "Premium Account" before you could make use of their services for selling your art online.

One good thing with Artwanted.com is that if you want to keep any originals of your artworks, you can upload high definition images of these and let them sell high-quality prints of your work for you. They take care of all the details like billing the buyer, printing, packing, shipping etc. Obviously, this is also great for photographers who want to sell prints of their work.

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

• 2 years later...

This has also been a struggle of mine, especially online. If however you would like to go the gallery route, here are some great articles that discuss this entire process. And it does work. I need to update my own blog as I now have had a 4th gallery contact me to represent my work, all based on a mailing of an art package and brochure!

Art Marketing 101

• 8 years later...
  • Root Admin
On 11/7/2010 at 4:23 PM, Delmus said:

... it does work. I need to update my own blog as I now have had a 4th gallery contact me to represent my work, all based on a mailing of an art package and brochure!

Very good!

And the link still works - so that's a bonus!

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)