Good to be new when this old

Rate this topic

Just an introduction. I am an artist with over fifty years of professional experience. I am presently retired, but in the arts that really only means we become our priority customer at last. I am working on two primary tangents in my work but they are being worked to merge. One is a line of solar powered sculptures called SPAWN (in all capital letters). For example one of those is SPAWN ARSENAL. It is the one on my bench at this time. Along with that is the webart. It is in storyboard form right now, but can be viewed. Some elements of it will always be in storyboard, while some will be in text. Those portions are well over a thousand pages. Then an even larger segment still getting the lick and polish is in Flash interactive animation. The SPAWN launch from a compound here by the Neosho River in Burlington, Kansas. So the webart does have definite river motif in some areas. The sculptures are functioning work centers designed around wheelchairs and with a goal of inspiring and enabling the challenged to live fuller more creative lives.

Edited by spawn

• Root Admin

It's great to have you here!

Feel free to use ArtFreaks.com in any way that helps your cause.

As a Full Member, you can upload a link to your own site in the Links module.

(And don't forget to put the link to your website on your profile page too...)

Check-out the Downloads module of the Forums and see if that might be of any use to you - and if you need any new categories like, for example, text files, you only need to ask!

Happy posting! :D

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

Well, don't know if you would call anything I do a cause... but some would say I do art as though a cause. I think it breaths a bit of fire into it.

I do everything that way, really. Cowboyed for a spell. Was out there on horseback with the same enthusiasm. Did primate behavioral research on everything from canopy dwellers to the macaque and gibbon in your neck of the woods. Lived for over two decades among macaque and chimps. Then with robotics, it has been everything from the cute little ones pictured on my website to giant web press complexes that print lottery tickets. I would dance inside robots that had literally lost their mind puzzling out why they had gone crazy while giant steel arms weighing tons song by without a clue. I love that stuff ~ finding that perfect harmony in the chaos, and dancing to it with intensity.

Speaking of primates ~ you ever notice how the macaque throughout Southeast Asia tend to have characteristics like the indigenous human populations? For example, the Cambodian stubs tend to be male and aggression dominated while the Japanese snows tend to be more female and intelligence directed. I find those species especially fascinating for that and their tendency to