Introducing myself as a new member

Rate this topic

Hi: I'm a new member. Being new I don't quite understand the overtones and the undertones of the introduction protocols: I'm just going to write it short and straight. Of course I'm an artist. I paint only in oils. I often lay in a painting (avergage size about 30"X40") with a broad construction type pencial, holding it with only 2 fingers, my thumb and my forefinger. After roughly laying it in, I continue to work it up with usually oil pastels. I like Senelier's but can't always afford it, so use what I have. Beside Senelier's is for finish work, it's too precious to use at the beginning. After that I'll start working in oils, but I'll still use oil pastels as part of my workup medium. After I start, if I like the way the picture is going, I work fairly intensely for at least 8 hours a day, drinking mostly coffee, maybe with a little Napa Valley Red. I work from about 2 in the afternoon until about 10 at night. If I work intensely I usually finish a new picture in about a week. I can do about 50 pictures a year, if the financies are right and I can buy paints and brushes and other materials. To get away from the art and to refresh myself, I like physical outdoor participant sports-climbing, tennis, skiing, I have a mountain and a road bike, and I usually start my day by running on the street at least 30 minutes each morning. It's not a lot of fun but you feel better afterwords. I've spent the last 6 months working on building an art website, with a large photogallery. It was very hard for me because I am no webmaster, that's why it took me so long. I finally finished and got it up about a month ago. I hope to be able to get used to this website and to be able to visit the galleries of the very creative and gifted artists who display and blog here. Starr