Why do you paint?

Rate this topic

• Root Admin

Anyway, enjoy the BBQ and your 4th of July celebrations! :D

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

Anyway, enjoy the BBQ and your 4th of July celebrations! :D

Thanks,

The reference on ASK was informative. Interesting that when I was in school, years ago, the Philippines was called "A U.S. possession." I really do not understand this when they were granted independence in the 1940's.

I suppose the U.S. will always need a relationship with them for a strategic military base.

I have had several friends recommend the Philippines as a place to retire because of the cheaper cost of living. I will be honest with you when I say that as time progresses other countries do have their appeal. I love my country but many of the elected officials make me sick. We have two powerful parties that run the country pretty well as they want to. Both parties lay in the beds of corporate America for political financial support. The people take second place in needs and the strange part is that most people spend their time defending or criticizing one party over another. Sheep led to the slaughter house.

Oh well, enough ranting for now. Have a great week everyone regardless of what you call it. Just remember that regardless of what governments do...really all we have to truly depend on is ourselves and each other.

Welcome to my humble, little art offering to humanity located at http://www.papadanart.com

• 1 year later...

Hey folks, not much going on here, for the amount of painted images in the gallery.

It's been a long time since I've used traditional painting media, watercolors was always what I liked best. Now I paint digitally, simply because it's cheaper, easier and in my personal opinion, superior.

Why do I paint? I paint because I can, because I have talent to create and because I have the drive and need to create. I have an imagination that fills me with such inspiration that I must get it down as best I can and share it with the world like most artists.

It's got to ne said, if I didn't have a way to create I'd go mad, I may not do art as much as I used to but I sure as hell make a damn good effort to do it as much as I can.

"The more things change... The more they stay the same..."

blarf1.jpg.36fb8bc47d792c0d6ea16aea5d2f0ebf.jpg

• Root Admin

Thanks for your contributions to this site. 'Much appreciated!

I paint as a passtime and because I enjoy it. I have a busy mind and sometimes it's just nice to concentrate on something enjoyable and not too difficult to do. It takes my mind away from it's never ending ramblings on the ramifications of life - (or something like that!) The best times are when I get totally absorbed in what I am doing - to the point of reaching a "state of flow." They are the best! :)  All the conditions have to be just right but when it happens, reaching a state of flow is just so fulfilling. At those times, I can even produce the odd bit of half-decent art! :rofl:

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

Yeah. "Getting into the Zone" as I call it is the best feeling there is, when you're 100% focused on what you're doing and it's all coming together. Then you can really create.

"The more things change... The more they stay the same..."

blarf1.jpg.36fb8bc47d792c0d6ea16aea5d2f0ebf.jpg