Intro For Nicole

Rate this topic

Hi...just a little intro. My name's Nicole, I'm a 30-yr-old artist, working mostly with oil paints and charcoals. I would like to branch out into pastels and scratchboards. We used to make our own scratchboards with crayons in elementary school and it was kinda fun. Anyways, I have been into art since I was in Junior High or before, even, but didn't really get too serious until about ten years ago when I took a couple oil painting classes in a nearby town. Until that point, I only did sketches and had never known how to get involved in the exhibition world at all. After those classes, I exhibited a few pieces and became a member of the Galena Artists' Guild (Galena,IL). This was a great organization that helped me network a little with other artists (some even semi-famous ones from as far away as Chicago!) and get my name out there a little. I was working 3rd shift (nights) as a CNA at the time, so I could fit the organization activities in my schedule. After a couple years, I changed to 2nd shift, as it fit better with my natural sleep pattern and had to give up my beloved Artists' Guild. But I couldn't see spending the membership fee every year to be a member of a club that I couldn't participate in the events!! I got out of Art for awhile-at least my painting and just recently got back into it. I actually have my own studio in my attic, which has always been a lifelong dream!! Actually, I recently started teaching my fiance' to paint because he expressed an interest. I am really proud of his amazingly quick improvement! I found this site cuz I was just typing stuff into my search engine, trying to find helpful info about selling my work or just getting into a type of awesome little forum like this one to meet other artists who might have good ideas, tips, or just wanna hang out on the net and be friends. I also write poetry, sing Karaoke, and I love Sci-Fi/Fantasy Books! If you want to get ahold of me with info or tips, or ya just wanna shoot the breeze, send me a line!

Nic :give_rose:

• Root Admin

Hello! :)

Welcome to the artfreaks.com Forums, Gallery and Blog Spot! :D

I'm afraid there aren't actually that many active members here right now. These forums seem to get a fair amount of visitors but there isn't really much of an active membership just yet...

Anyway, with a few more eager participants like yourself, we will hopefully soon have ourselves an "awesome little forum," before too long. And you will be one of the pioneering members!!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your art in the Gallery! :rolleyes:

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)