Carabao on the left. Carabao on the right!

Rate this topic

smb

• Root Admin

Or head scarf on. Head scarf off!!

Have a look at the two Amorsolo paintings below...

med_gallery_5_5_64465.jpg

Fernando Amorsolo - Planting Rice - 1954

(Image courtsey of: http://www.gbtate.com )

med_gallery_5_5_99597.jpg

Fernando Amorsolo - Planting Rice (Year, unknown)

(Image courtesy of: http://www.allinsongallery.com )

Let me state straight away that Fernando Amorsolo is one of my favourite artists - ever.

Fernando Amorsolo used to go around with a book containing photographs of his works. People could see which one they liked and he would make them a copy, with any modifications that the customer wanted. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this and, after all, Fernando Amorsolo had a large family to feed! And the fact that he painted many variations on a theme does not make his art any the less beautiful for it.

In the early years of Fernando Amorsolo's career, his paintings were very affordable and many were taken home by American servicemen. There must be litterally hundreds of them in the USA today?

It is very common for modern day Filipino artists of the so-called 'Mabini School' to place the "carabao on the left" in one painting and "on the right" in the next! Again, I don't have a problem with this...

I like Mabini Art and I am all for "Art for the masses" - which Amorsolo's was, untill it started fetching the multi million peso prices that it does today.

What do you think about "Carabao on the left - carabao on the right. Hat on - hat off?"

Let's have your views!

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

• 3 years later...
Guest Robert C. SAntana

Anybody here who might be interested in an authentic portrait done by Fernando Amorsolo?

Or head scarf on. Head scarf off!!

Have a look at the two Amorsolo paintings below...

med_gallery_5_5_64465.jpg

Fernando Amorsolo - Planting Rice - 1954

(Image courtsey of: http://www.gbtate.com )

med_gallery_5_5_99597.jpg

Fernando Amorsolo - Planting Rice (Year, unknown)

(Image courtesy of: http://www.allinsongallery.com )

Let me state straight away that Fernando Amorsolo is one of my favourite artists - ever.

Fernando Amorsolo used to go around with a book containing photographs of his works. People could see which one they liked and he would make them a copy, with any modifications that the customer wanted. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this and, after all, Fernando Amorsolo had a large family to feed! And the fact that he painted many variations on a theme does not make his art any the less beautiful for it.

In the early years of Fernando Amorsolo's career, his paintings were very affordable and many were taken home by American servicemen. There must be litterally hundreds of them in the USA today?

It is very common for modern day Filipino artists of the so-called 'Mabini School' to place the "carabao on the left" in one painting and "on the right" in the next! Again, I don't have a problem with this...

I like Mabini Art and I am all for "Art for the masses" - which Amorsolo's was, untill it started fetching the multi million peso prices that it does today.

What do you think about "Carabao on the left - carabao on the right. Hat on - hat off?"

Let's have your views!

• Root Admin
Anybody here who might be interested in an authentic portrait done by Fernando Amorsolo?

Certainly! :)

You can post an image of your Amorsolo painting for sale at:

ArtFreaks.com Art Forums > Gallery > Paintings, digital art and drawings > Paintings for sale

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

Guest Robert C. Santana

med_gallery_0_62_208620.jpg

Amorsolo Portrait Done in 1948

I already posted an image of the portrait I am selling on the Gallery section. Thanks smb. The size of the painting is 19" by !5" approximately. Painting is dated 1948 and is signed F. Amorsolo. I haven't had the painting authenticated but if you're an Amorsolo expert, you can see for yourself whether the painting is authentic or not. Give me your best offer and you might own this Amorsolo for a pittance.

Please email your offer and contact information at santana_robert@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

• 9 months later...