What are some good ways to market my art

Rate this topic

sizzors

Hello I am new to this site. I am an amateur digital artist, I have not sold any prints of my works yet. I just started putting my prints up for sale on fine art America in May of this year. So far I have used twitter, Redgage and stumble upon to market my works. My website is http://jacob-king.artistwebsites.com/index.html

If you have any marketing tips I would love to hear them, in addition if you have any feedback on my work from the site above please let me know. Feedback whether negative or positive is highly cherished.

This post has been promoted to an article

Beautiful, abstract and macabre art http://jacob-king.artistwebsites.com/index.html

• Root Admin

Thanks for your interest in ArtFreaks.com
Here's another site that you could try:

Take a look at ArtWanted.com. They have a free entry-level membership if you just want to try-out the site and if you like them, you can always go for a paid membership package that would allow you to sell high quality prints of your work on line. (AW handle getting your prints made, shipping, billing etc. so it's really no hassle...)

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

• Root Admin

As a Full Member of ArtFreaks.com, you can also upload high resolution image files of your work in the Downloads module - and then charge an amount, (which you set,) for every time someone downloads a copy of your file. The person who has downloaded your file can then use the file for making a high quality print of your art.

The link to the Downloads module is in the main navigation bar at the head of (almost) every page in the site. (Depending on your screen resolution, it might be under the "More" tab.)

ArtFreaks.com takes 10% of whatever you decide to charge, every time payment is made for downloading one of your files. (This simply helps to offset some of our running costs...)

It costs absolutely nothing, other than a bit of your time, to give this new feature of ArtFreaks.com a try.

Tip: Upload a small, low-resolution and preferably water-marked screenshot with each high resolution file upload, so that people can see what they are getting.

At the time of writing, you can upload image files of up to 30Mb in the Downloads module.

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

• Root Admin

Great website you have got there! I'd also suggest uploading a representative sample of your work here at ArtFreaks.com - just to generate more interest among our own members and the many regular guest visitors to this site. If you are planning to try selling downloads of your work in the Downloads module, make sure that you only post low resolution, (preferably water-marked,) copies of your work in the Gallery

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Thank you for the tips, I'll check out artfreaks and artwanted tomorrow. I haven't thought about downloads of my works so that is an area I haven't tried yet.

Beautiful, abstract and macabre art http://jacob-king.artistwebsites.com/index.html