Personality disorders

Rate this topic

smb

• Root Admin

Lest anyone thinks that I am cracking-up - (posting away to myself?) - I am doing this in the hope that eventually, someone, somewhere, might actually find this forum interesting and join me in some lively debate...?!

From the Philippine Daily Inquirer of Feb. 23, 2005:

The 'Franchise' strikes back (Extracts)

Former basketball player Ramon Fernandez has asked a court [in the Philippines] to annul his 28-year marriage to his estranged wife "Marissa, whom he accused of being "psychologically incapable of performing her essential marital obligations..."

Fernandez, 51, ... filed a declaration of nullity... eight days after Marissa sought a court protection order from her husband, accusing him of physically abusing her...

... He also alleged that Marissa would nag him and physically attack him every time they had arguments.

"During their marriage, the defendant exhibited traits showing that she wanted the plaintiff all for herself. She disallowed him from mingling with his friends and even his relatives... Whenever the plaintiff would go to Tagaytay or Leyte, she would feign an ailment and request Ramon to rush her to the hospital. She employed subterfuge and ploys to get what she wanted," the complaint stated...

...Boholst [one of Fernandez's Lawyers] said the psychological report would show that Marissa was suffering from a social disorder known as "personality disorder not otherwise specified."

He said the disorder was clinically diagnosed to be permanent and incurable... [un-quote]

I was actually informed by a top psychiatrist in one of the large Manila hospitals that Borderline Personality Disorder does not exist in the Philippines.

I beg to differ!

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ditto!

by the way...

is there any way you can tell others (without making them roll in laughter or freak out) like your close friend or relative that something IS wrong with you?

I'm quite bothered by this question in my head...no...yes...no...yes...whatever.

Everything is possible...if it happens.

• 1 month later...

A rose by any other name, remains a rose.

"The Soul is the key to the universe." Claude Bernard.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Root Admin
ditto!

by the way...

is there any way you can tell others (without making them roll in laughter or freak out) like your close friend or relative that something IS wrong with you?

I'm quite bothered by this question in my head...no...yes...no...yes...whatever.

We ALL have something 'wrong' with us!

Just as there is no such thing as perfect physical health (even the fittest atheletes can get a cold from time to thime!) - there is no such thing as perfect mental health.

It's all a matter of degrees and realtivity.

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

disorders, the world over, need not be understood only in terms of something that is wrong with anyone, or needs to be wrong with any of us. The fact that we can function within the social parameters culturally designed, is enough.

Thus, just as a simple cold does not impair permanently an athlete from excelling in physical performance.

A rose by any other name, still remains a rose.

Its fragrance is compelling, sweet and as real as the air we breathe...