Search engines are CRAP! Link Sections - are you using them?

Rate this topic

• Root Admin

Well, they are, aren't they?

I've been trying for days to find a website where you can check the site statistics for any website that you like. I KNOW such a site exists but, no matter which search engine I use and what keywords I enter, all I get is the same old free web-stats and other web tools sites coming up.

That is NOT what I want!!! :x :evil: :twisted: :x :(

I have a lead, and I have sent an e-mail. WHEN I eventually find that site that I am looking for, I'll put a link to them in my "Internet Links" section.

Meanwhile, you might like to take a look at this:

(Link deleted... No longer active)

It's well worth a read!

(Well... it would have been - if it was still there!)

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

• 8 months later...
  • Root Admin

Follow up...

Quick as a flash!

Nada! :eek:

Nothing! :sad:

Wala! :oops:

(Not even a sausage back from photozo.com!!) :mad:

Oh well... It's a free world, I guess! :grin:

Keep those links coming in.

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

• 4 months later...
Guest Amy!!! (again...)

Oops, sorry for the last post.... I think I accidentally hit return.

Anways, I'm looking for quality link exchanges.

My website is www.artgallery18.com and we are a new online art gallery specializing in contemporary art and design.

We can put your link, logo and description on http://www.artgallery18.com/?doc=151282

Interested? Let me know.

amy [at] artgallery18 [dot] com

• 8 years later...
  • Root Admin

Bearing in mind that this topic was started 10 years ago, I would still say that my initial post was reasonable for the time.

Now, in 2015, I'll be the first to accept that search engine results have improved beyond all recognition in the last few years - to the point now where it is hard to imagine an internet without them.

The funny thing is that for years, so-called SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) companies were charging website owners a fortune for posting spammy links on forums sites like ArtFreaks.com - all in an attempt to increase the so-called "link popularity" of their customers websites.

One of the reasons why Google and other major search engines are so good these days, is because the algorthyms their computer programs use to give you relevant search results, now take into account what they call irrelevant back links. Basically, the shit that people have been posting on my sites for years!! So if Google sees a spammy link on one of my websites, it will give the site that it links to a lower ranking in their search results.

So now, the SEO companies that spent years spamming my sites are in a right mad scramble to get ME to remove the crap links that THEY posted in the first place!! :wacko: :wacko: :80::acute::rofl:

Example:

Webmaster-

We think that backlinks on your website to findyourartschool.com have resulted in Googles issuance of a Terms of Service violation to our website.  Please eliminate all backlinks to our company and our website as soon as possible so that we may continue to operate our business in accordance with Google Webmaster, Google Penguin and Google Panda guidelines.  It is very important to us and our SEO that this matter be dealt with as soon as possible and we cannot do that without your assistance.  The following backlinks must be removed:

[spam profile set-up for the sole purpose of posting a spammy link on my site...]

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

And my reply:

I love this!

You people have been spamming my sites with your crap links for years - and now you want me to spend my time removing them for you??!!!

Vic Rolfe

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)