smb's struggle!

Rate this topic

smb

• Root Admin

Here's my latest attempt...

med_gallery_5_30_165995.jpg

Sheine Mae and Jelyn

It should have looked something like this...

med_gallery_5_28_65989.jpg

Sheine Mae and Jelyn

I'm not aiming for photo-realism here - (even if I did have the skill and the patience to do it). In fact, I like a little bit of style...

But, looking at the photo and the painting together like this, I realized that I made Sheine Mae's head far to big. I'll have to try this one again some time...

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

Not so much of a struggle now! Here's my latest 'work in progress...'

med_gallery_5_30_147085.jpg

Jelyn Nakaupo sa Motor ni Ate! - (In progress)

Who knows how this will turn out. All I can say is that I am enjoying myself here!

Watch this space! :rolleyes:

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

And the finished prduct:

med_gallery_5_4_115223.jpg

Jelyn Nakaupo sa Motor ni Ate - (More-or-less finished)

I will probably have to work on the hen and chicks some more. Jelyn's shirt could also do with some more white and shading. But, if at all, I will do this immediately before framing...

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

• 8 months later...
  • Root Admin

I just had my first - (totally disastrous!!) exhibition - where I didn't even sell a single painting...

I was ripped-off for PHP40,000. The half page press release in the Manila Bulletin ended up as a single paragraph in Tik@$tik - or some such tabloid newspaper. All my paintings were crammed together on 3/4 of one wall of the gallery in question - and they were up for less than 36 hours!!!!!!!!

Almost enough to put me off panting for life!! (I gave the bloody lot away - every single one of them!) ...Only saving grace was, there were plenty of eager takers for the free paintings amongst some of Ermita's bar girls!

When one potential customer tried to haggle the price of one painting down to, basically, the cost of the frame - I decided to withdraw the whole lot from sale!

Later that same day, I got a friend to come around with his little "owner" jeep. We gathered up the entire collection of exhibition paintings and proceeded to go around Ermita, Manila - giving them away for free!!

I am very happy to report that Hotel La Corona were willing recipients of two of my paintings, (although, I suspect - because I have been a long-term guest of the place - this may have been more out of politeness than anything!?!!)

Anyway, the rest of the paintings went to various people like, as I said, some of the local bar girls - who really could not afford to buy one; not even at cost price for the materials.

I am happy to report that there was something of a scramble for the paintings - with the whole lot gone in less than an hour and nowhere near enough to go around for all the people that wanted one! It done me a power of good to see my collection going to grateful recipients and, for the time-being at least, I am going to forget about even trying to sell any of my own work and just concentrate on painting for fun - and basically just giving away the finished paintings to anyone that wants them.

Cheers! :drinks:

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Having had a few technical problems with the artfreaks.com Blog Spot - (in the process of which, I ended up deleting my old travel blog) - I took the opportunity of replacing my former blog with a new one, more suited to a website which is primarily intended for amateur artists.

As such, any further ramblings of mine on my progress, (or otherwise!) as an amateur artist will go in my new blog at:

http://www.artfreaks.com/forums/index.php?...p;blogid=5&

I'll leave this topic in place, though, so guests can still post their replies, if they want. And if any members want to start their own topic or blog, please feel free to do so! I look forward to hearing of your experiences in taking-up the brush, pen, pencil, chisel, computer mouse - or whatever!

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

• 5 months later...