Comic Art

Rate this topic

FunkyBoy

Hey all.

I'm a struggling amature comic arist, I LOVE producing comics but struggle to make interesting and dynamic pannels. That and I can't seem to be able to keep my drive long enough to maintain constant production.

SO!

Anyone got an ideas, hits or tips that may help?

Cheers.

"The more things change... The more they stay the same..."

blarf1.jpg.36fb8bc47d792c0d6ea16aea5d2f0ebf.jpg

• Root Admin
On 9/3/2010 at 8:34 AM, NullBoss said:

...SO!

Anyone got an ideas, hits or tips that may help?

Cheers.

There's a new 'Articles' section here at artfreaks.com. I haven't quite figured it-out myself yet, but if anyone has got any hot tips on Manga or Comic art, you can either post them as a reply to this topic - or go strait to the Articles section and upload a new article there. (I will promote a copy of any replies that contain useful tips or information to an article in the Articles section, so no worries - it will get in there one way or another!) :)

Just click on Browse -> Articles

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

On 9/8/2010 at 8:07 AM, smb said:

There's a new 'Articles' section here at artfreaks.com. I haven't quite figured it-out myself yet, but if anyone has got any hot tips on Manga or Comic art, you can either post them as a reply to this topic - or go strait to the Articles section and upload a new article there. (I will promote a copy of any replies that contain useful tips or information to an article in the Articles section, so no worries - it will get in there one way or another!) :)

Awesome, if you want we can get this moved to there? if it would make things easier?

• Root Admin

Awesome, if you want we can get this moved to there? if it would make things easier?

The way the articles thing works is that I can move or copy individual posts from any Thread in the Forums - and make them as an 'Article.' However, I can't actually move an entire thread. What I had in mind with the Articles thing is a collection of tips on various different genre and media. So if we get any replies to this forum that contain specific tips or ideas on Comic Art, then we can certainly make them into articles.

IP (Invision Power) Articles is still fairly new software but I am hoping that in some future development, they will make it so that users can sort the articles by various different methods - like most viewed, highest rating, most commented-on, etc, etc. That way, users of the site should be able to find the most useful tips quickly and easily...

When I get off the ship next week, I'll be working on refining the Articles set-up at artfreaks.com and then, once I am happy with it, I will make the thing more visible on the site so that any member can use it, if they want...

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

The way the articles thing works is that I can move or copy individual posts from any Thread in the Forums - and make them as an 'Article.' However, I can't actually move an entire thread. What I had in mind with the Articles thing is a collection of tips on various different genre and media. So if we get any replies to this forum that contain specific tips or ideas on Comic Art, then we can certainly make them into articles.

IP (Invision Power) Articles is still fairly new software but I am hoping that in some future development, they will make it so that users can sort the articles by various different methods - like most viewed, highest rating, most commented-on, etc, etc. That way, users of the site should be able to find the most useful tips quickly and easily...

When I get off the ship next week, I'll be working on refining the Articles set-up at artfreaks.com and then, once I am happy with it, I will make the thing more visible on the site so that any member can use it, if they want...

That sounds like a classic idea! I approve. Keep me informed of all the details mate! Keep up the good work my man.

• 1 year later...

Well, as an artist it is always difficult to stay focused to one ting for a long time. The inspiration and Muze seams to fade away after consuming the first part of it. Also it is fun to consider drawing a caricatures as it will gave you a different Ideas and thinking.