New to Art, could use tips/pointers!

Rate this topic

Rivin

Hi, I am new to art (I painted and stuff in High School and did well, but that's been YEARS, and I wasn't great..) and was wondering if I could get some advice/tips/pointers from some more talented and educated people.. I know at this stage that I'm not very good.. I mainly do it because I think it is fun, and it makes me happy.. But I want to start learning how to get better, so I've purchased some books and have been practicing constantly.. I mainly work with Oil Pastels on canvas, as it is what I feel most comfortable with, but I also do some oil paintings, acryllic works, and charcoal/graphite sketches and stuff.. I'll probably photograph and post some of my work soon, just so you guys can directly address the problems that I have, that is if any people are willing to help a new art enthusiast out.. Also, if you would like to know anything else about me, just ask. =)

While I take some photos and stuff, can anyone who works with pastels just let me in on some info? You know, like stuff you wish you had been told or learned when you first began! Thanks guys!

• Root Admin

And if you want a good laugh, you can check out some of my early stuff at:

http://www.artfreaks.com/forums/index.php/gallery/album/4-my-early-attempts-at-pastel-painting/

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

• Root Admin

Thanks man.. I didn't realize there were articles too :lol:

You're welcome!

The articles section is still very new and there is not much in it. If you've got any of your own hot tips, please add them to the database!

And here's some more of my rubbish:

http://www.artfreaks.com/forums/index.php/gallery/album/97-some-more-recent-pastel-paintings/

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)