Poverty

Rate this topic

awww, well you know where I am (email wise) if you need help, template (webtemplate, RM template, phpBB custom template) etc. I kinda do that for a living as well as write.

Thought I would pop over and see your literacy boards... but I guess you can see from my site I loooooove reading when I have time lolol

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the greatest poverty is not knowing why we have come to this earth and what it is we are to give and express. :cry:

• 1 year later...

That saying is so true :[

A lot of people have been thinking like that lately... well, a lot of people that I know. It seems that a lot of people are being involved in tragedies right now.

Some kid at college died in a car crash yesterday morning :( He was only 17. It didn't matter whether you knew him or not because he's gone now and a lot of people are thinking the same thing: life isn't ours to keep. It's taken away at any time.

Some guy was speaking to me the other day and essentially said there is no point in spontenaiety or experience - not in the long run - because it's ashes to ashes, dust to dust. We come into this world alone and we leave alone. The 'self' that lives for a few decades is simply 'nothing' at the end of it.

But I'd like to argue that if I AM to be a nothing in a few days/weeks/months/years/decades.. that I have done something with the short time I'm here. And that I didn't waste my slot. Because there are no do-overs this time.

[[ DO SOMETHING THAT SCARES YOU ONCE A DAY ]]

• Root Admin

It doesn't matter a damn if we come from nothing and go back to nothing...

That's a really selfish way of looking at life.

We come - we go.

But life lives on!

The important thing is that before we go, we leave life in a better state than we found it.

And don't forget, every little thing we do has unfathomable "knock-on" effects. When we smile at a stranger, it might just put them in a good mood - then they make someone else's day, then... it goes on multiplying...

(The reverse is also true, of course. So next time someone cuts you up in heavy traffic - try to at least put on a freindly grimmace!!) :pardon:

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

The important thing is that before we go, we leave life in a better state than we found it.

Too right. What's the point in living life as an empty shell? Why function if you don't really LIVE?

This is by no means a suggestion for anyone who feels that way to commit suice - in fact, it's the opposite. It's a question that I hope will urge whoever's listening to make something of whatever they have. I'm no optimistic positive thinker myself and we all go through a lot of rubbish at some point, but it doesn't mean you should just sit there and do nothing.

That knock-on effect is so underestimated. I guess we don't tend to think about it much... maybe because we base our feelings of guilt only on the repurcussions of which we are AWARE of - and not those that might be occuring without our knowledge. Maybe less people would feel like shit when they go home if people spent more time thinking about what a swift 'shut up' might do to someone who's had to put up with lots of other seemingly minor insults/impolitenesses in their day.