Radical Art

Rate this topic

spawn

• Root Admin

A lot of people are scarred to publish anything even remotely controversial these days. Not only have we got the authorities scanning message boards all over the web - now we've even got internet bullies and vigilantes out there...

Anyway, for those who are NOT afraid to air their views on a publicly accessible message board, there is ArtFreaks.com!

I would love to encourage a free discussion forum here. As far as I am concerned, anyone who has a valid point to make about anything, can get it off their chest here!

However, no website can allow a free-for-all for anyone to publish any hateful, abusive illegal or disgusting filth that they want. (Anyone who is not sure what is acceptable here at ArtFreaks.com can just check-out the "Guidelines" link at the top of any page in the Forums...)

One thing that I can promise the Members of this site is that I will never delete or alter any post they make purely on the grounds that I disagree with their views.

It's still a free World. Let's keep it that way!

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

No, no, no! Radical Art is not art whored out to radical causes. It is the position that art is more in power than government. There is an infamous photo of Salvador Dali sitting with the dictator, Franco. Dali was severely criticized for sitting for that photo. His critics argued that he gave credence to Franco in doing so. I say that a closer look at that photo in the light of history shows Dali to be KING.

I am an older artist and a master engraver. We engravers tend to count rather prestigious and famous people among our customers. We even have the opportunity to shape their opinions. I will mention only two of my past collectors to make my point ~ Elvis Presley and President Lyndon Johnson. Now, of those two, who rules more over the long run ~ the popular artist or the political president??? Who shapes our outlook and future more???

• Root Admin

No, no, no! Radical Art is not art whored out to radical causes. It is the position that art is more in power than government. There is an infamous photo of Salvador Dali sitting with the dictator, Franco. Dali was severely criticized for sitting for that photo. His critics argued that he gave credence to Franco in doing so. I say that a closer look at that photo in the light of history shows Dali to be KING.

Ah. Got it!

Actually, when I saw your SPAWN image - I thought that was the radical art... (As in something totally different from most people's conceptions of everyday art.)

Yeah... Interesting position, that. I have often said that many countries function despite their governments - not because of them...

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

We endure our governments ~ like so much bad weather. We must go the way of our culture (if wise, joyfully) the way a surfer does a wave. The artist paints that wave.