smb

• Root Admin

Amazonia, 470 M.H. del Pilar St., (on the corner of Santa Monica,)

Ermita, Manila. (Tel: 02 450 0126 0r 02 450 0127)

The waitresses are friendly and very efficient. Not every night is a band night, though, so call first and see who is playing. The place is open 24 hours and they do a great breakfast too. (They also serve great coffee. I prefer theirs to Starbucks any day!)

Update - April 25, 2006:

I was in there a few days ago and they tried to charge me PHP 110 for a bottle of San Miguel Pale Pilsen (smb.) I don't mind paying a premium for a decent beer in nice surroundings but, to my mind, PHP 110 is taking the piss...

Still, each to their own. Amazonia has its share of freelance girls but they are less insistent there than, say, L.A. Cafe (just across the road.) So if you just want a quiet beer and you are not too worried about the price, Amazonia might fit the bill.

Updated details - Venue closed-down

Update - 28/04/2019: This place has been closed for years...

Edited by smb
Updated details - Venue closed-down

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

Kahit Kailan, Kaibigan!! (Friends Forever!!)

smb - Walang Katulad!!! (San Miguel Beer - There is nothing like it!!!)

• Root Admin

Boy Lugaw's in Arquiza Street, Ermita, Manila.

Just a small "tindahan" (store) - between the Hotel La Corona and Cowboy Grill, Mabini. This place was featured in Ted Lerma's book, "Hey Joe!"

A great place for some local flavor. I would recommend any tourist who is staying more than one night in Ermita to pay the place a visit - even if it is only to enjoy a few 25 peso beers, before hitting the town!

A picture is coming...

I'm just waiting 'till I can get a good shot of Boy with his Stomach hanging out!!

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Root Admin

Or how about only 24 pesos a beer and some fantastic food?!!

If you go to Remidios, in Malate, between Mabini Street and Adriatico, you will find a lot of small resteraunts with seating right out in the street. During the summertime, most of these places are open seven days a week, but during the rainy season some of them will be open only at weekends. This place caters to the local comunity and, if you go there, you will be charged local prices. The place is full of life. The food is great. The beer is cheap. What more do you want??!!!

I just had the most delicious sizzling pusit (squid) that I have ever tasted! extremely cheap! If you are a tourist, why don't you check this place out and avail youself of the local prices and get some delicious seafood and other authentic Filipino dishes?!!

You can also get pissed for next to nothing!! :lol::D:)

Edited by smb
Beer is a bit more than 24 pesos these days!!

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

• 9 months later...
  • Root Admin

LA Cafe in M.H. Del Pilar Street, Ermita. Still one of the best places for picking up some of the best free-lance "totty" in town.

Well, actually - you don't pick them up - they pick you up!

And, just a friendly reminder... A condom IS A MUST! For your sake, your friends and families sake and of course - for the girl's sake...

They are only making an honest living and the vast majority of them are NICE people! :rolleyes:

Edited by smb
The place is still going. I must check it out again soon!

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)

• 8 months later...
  • Root Admin
(from mongskie:)

Wait for another branch of yakitori dori its now move in CCP Complex

wait for another information

The Manila Baywalk was killed by Mayor Lim.

What was all that about, then? Is he really worried about a few good-looking female band members showing-off their assets in public? (The offending assets being nothing more than a little bit of cleavage and the occasional glimpse of a naked belly-button. Shock! :shok: Horror!!) :crazy: 80

Or was it just some petty politicking...? Trying to erase everything good that Lito Atienza left for the city of Manila to remember him by??

Oh! and another hair-brained scheme of Mayor Lim: ripping up that beautiful pedestrian walk-way in Avenida Rizal, Santa Cruz

I would like to ask Mayor Lim a few questions:

Is he in the slightest bit interested in developing the City of Manila as a worthwhile (and DECENT - despite his warped sense of what is and is not DECENT) tourist attraction?

Does he give a toss about all the people he routinely puts out of work with his hair-brained schemes?

And, just in case he really does care about those people - what is he going to do to help them find alternative and gainful employment?

And lastly, in his no-doubt rare moments of self-reflection: what does he think he has achieved by turning the Manila Bay Walk into a graveyard? (I doubt that it can be much of a "muggers paradise," as one writer put it... Who the Hell are the muggers and pick-pockets going to prey on?

Each-other? There is no one else there after dark these days...)

VicRolfe.com

Itaas Mo! (Cheers!)